Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The 4 letter word

“Stubbornness” always carries negative connotations, but at times it seems to me that love takes the form of stubbornness when the rainbows and laughter fade. How much is one capable of being stretched to love, despite circumstances that provide justification for ‘returning the punch’ rather than ‘turning the other cheek’? Against all opposition, accusations, prejudice, misunderstanding, differences, contrasting ideologies, backgrounds, colour, abilities (or the lack of), time (or the lack of), how far can one continue to love relentlessly until the limit is breached- if there should be a limit?


The more I think about it the more it occurs to me that this concerns all levels- from the national to the simple, everyday friendships. I can only aspire to love like Christ


Richard the Butler: You found God, sir?
William Wilberforce: I think He found me.
-Amazing Grace (2006)

1 comment:

bookatitle said...

That was a good movie!!