Wednesday, November 17, 2010

As a thief in the night


There is something about the fleetingness of time that defines what we do. Have you noticed how we are all collectors of memorabilia in some way? That, as if knowing we may never 'come back' to certain places, memories, situations and circumstances, we often bring along with us keepsakes of the past to soothe the pain/prospect of never returning?

I think something in all of us relate to this 'pain of never returning'. We find ways to freeze moments in our everyday lives, through photographs and random scribblings, relying on them to help us 'return' one day to those people, events, experiences and stories. Our pictures and writings transcend time, while we live in the moment. I guess this is why so many people are into cameras these days.

I've decided to return to blogging because of the above reason, and also because I'd like to get back into the habit/discipline of writing. I haven't stopped writing for the past 1 and a half years (did I say time is fleeting?); I've been jotting my thoughts down in random places like my ITouch and notebook (maybe this is reflective of my thoughts too), and I guess it'd be nice to write in a space where friends (and strangers) can read some of these thoughts too. My resolve is to blog at least once a week (just like how it was 1 and a half years ago)!

Perhaps this will help me 'return', someday in the future.

3 comments:

Jacintha said...

nice! glad you're writing again :)

Brandon said...

and change your display pic to that awesome biker pic of yours. :D

Abel Cheah said...

I like that picture!