Monday, August 13, 2007

We fight in the shade

Long week ahead - 2 assignment handups, 1 presentation, 1 performance, 1 major event.

Here's a little shout-out to someone dear to me, Ms Tagal, who made a short and surprise trip back recently to this part of the world. She is now back in her hometown, Kuching (where the pace of life is slow) and will be leaving for the US at the end of this month. I must say her company was the highlight of last week, and will miss it dearly. She is someone I treasure very much because of (among other reasons) the sweetness of her character, her pleasant demeanor and her genuine care and concern. And beneath the mask of an 'aunty', there is a beautiful person :> This friendship is a blessing

___________________________________

On another note, for the 300 junkies (I'm clearly one myself):

Queen Gorgo: Spartan!
Spartan King Leonidas: Yes, my lady?
Queen Gorgo: Come back with your shield, or on it.

.

Daxos: I saw those ships smashed on the rocks. How can this be?
Stelios: We saw but a fraction of the monster that is Xerxes' army.
Daxos: There can be no victory here... why do you smile?
Stelios: Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task.

.

Queen Gorgo: Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrifice. The price is paid in blood.

.

Dilios: We did what we were trained to do, what we were bred to do, what we were born to do!

.

Dilios: The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Greek!

.

Dilios: Hundreds left, a handful stayed, only one looked back.

.

Dilios is putting a patch over his eye
Spartan King Leonidas: Dilios, I trust that "scratch" hasn't made you useless.
Dilios: Hardly, my lord, it's just an eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare.

.

.

Perhaps the gore was overdone in the movie, but I will always be inspired by the fight of the Spartans- to the death. In many ways, life is a great fight/struggle. Here's to one good week :>