Friday, August 10, 2007

Respect

I'm too busy to post something substantial, although I've been wanting to =/ Nevertheless since I try to maintain a post a week (at least), here's a thought I wrote and saved into the computer sometime ago.

"Respect is like a rope. It must not be tied too loosely, for the bound object would be lost or stolen; or tied too tightly, for the bound object would be choked or damaged, yet it does its job to hold the object in place. The strongest knots are always formed when two parts of the rope are brought together to make a loop- but as one end is sometimes longer than the other, so are people made to have different measures and expectations of respect. For some respect is harder to earn: the rope must prove its strength and durability. For some respect is an easy thing to attain: some ropes already look strong. Every rope has a breaking point, and I must remember my own breaking point."